1754 – 1772 Pendrell Street is located in the West End District of Vancouver. Its cross street is the lively Denman Street. The West End District is situated on the downtown Vancouver peninsula surrounded by landmarks and upscale districts such as Stanley Park, Yaletown, and Coal Harbour. This new development site is undergoing rezoning from an initial multiple dwelling to a comprehensive development district. In response to the initial proposal comments, the current proposal now includes:
- An increase to 26 total affordable rental units, up from 10. 12 units are one-bedrooms and 14 units are studios. The rental units now average 430 sq.ft., up from 350 sq.ft.
- This offer achieves 1-to-1 replacement of all 26 rental units in the existing 3-story walk-up, and in the old house and carriage house.
- Total units increase from 34 units to 79 units. The average size of the condo units are reduced from 1,350 sq.ft. to 1,007 sq.ft., with 18 more 1-bedrooms and 28 more 2-bedrooms proposed.
- Vehicle parking has been reduced from 1.55 to 1.30 spaces per unit, while bicycle parking has increased from 1.32 to 1.48 spaces per unit.
- The City will contract with a non-profit housing society for asset management.
With the proposed increase of affordable housing units, more bonus density is required to make the development economically viable. The proposal is now for 6.17 FSR (0.82 FSR for the rental housing and 5.35 for the market condos). In addition, the proposal calls for 21 stories into the 190 foot height limit of the multiple dwelling district, a 2-floor increase from the 19 stories initially proposed.
Project Info (Proposed)
- Address: 1754-1772 Pendrell St., Vancouver, B.C. Canada
- Total Units: 79
- Type: Market-rate condominiums with affordable rental units
- Architect: WT Leung Architects Inc.
- Parking Structure: Underground